Making yogurt begins with the fermentation by bacteria Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophiles. Both kinds of bacteria serves to convert lactic acid and lactose thus making Yoghurt has a sour taste. With the fermentation process, the existing levels of lactose in yogurt can be reduced to safe for consumption by both the elderly and people who have allergies to milk, so that they may also benefit yoghurt.
Yogurt is known and consumed since the 4.5 centuries ago. Currently dairy has become known nutritious food people all over the world, benefits of yogurt is very good for health as it contains high calcium, of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and riboflavin
Benefits of Yogurt for Health
Order for us to better understand the benefits of yogurt, here I give a list of some of the health benefits of yogurt:
- Yoghurt can make healthier digestion.
- Yoghurt able to overcome diarrhea.
- Yogurt is beneficial for preventing vaginal infections by inhibiting the development of mold, because yogurt can reduce the level of acidity (pH).
- Yoghurt can prevent the risk of high blood pressure.
- Yoghurt can prevent osteoporosis because it has vitamin D and calcium.
- Yogurt contains many substances that are nutritionally useful for preventing cancer.
Various benefits of yogurt above can be obtained by eating yogurt on a daily basis. Proved that yogurt has a lower fat content, making it safe for those who are dieting. In addition, the nutrients contained in yogurt is also higher than fresh milk.