A. taboo for affected Uric acid
- Offal: kidney, spleen, tripe, intestines, liver, lungs and brain
- Seafood: shrimp, squid, cuttlefish, clams, mussels, oysters, crabs, anchovy, sardines
- Extracts such as shredded meat and jerky
- Foods that are canned (eg, corned beef, sardines)
- Mutton, beef, horse meat
- Ducks, geese and turkeys
- Legumes: soybeans (including processed products such as tempeh, tauco, oncom, soy milk), peanuts, green beans, bean sprouts, melinjo, chips
- Vegetables: cauliflower, spinach, asparagus, green beans, mushroom, cassava leaves, papaya leaves, kale
- Cheese, eggs, cream, ice cream, broth or gravy is thick
- Certain fruits such as durian, pineapple and coconut water
- The food is fried or cooked bersantan or using margarine / butter
- Foods rich in protein and fat
B. Additional tips for people with gout
- Consumption of foods containing high potassium such as potatoes, yogurt, and bananas.
- Consumption of fruits that contain lots of vitamin C, such as oranges, papaya and strawberries.
- Examples of fruits and vegetables to treat gout: dragon fruit, starfruit, ginger, pumpkin, mustard greens, cabbage, lemongrass and tomato.
- Increase consumption of complex carbohydrates such as rice, cassava, and sweet bread.
- Reduce consumption of simple carbohydrates such as fructose type of sugar, candy, cotton candy, cotton candy and syrup.
- Do not take aspirin.
- Do not work too hard / fatigue.
- In people who are overweight (obese), uric acid levels usually rise quickly but spending a little bit, then you should lose weight with exercise.
- Adjust energy intake with the needs of the body, based on height and weight.
C. To cure this disease there are several things that must be done, including:
- Avoid foods that can increase uric acid, such as organ meats (liver, kidney, spleen, tripe, intestines, lungs and brain), avoid seafood (shrimp, scallops, squid, crab), canned food (corned beef, sardines and meat extract), eggs, broth or gravy is thick.
- Avoid foods such as crackers, melinjo, kale and spinach, cassava leaves, cashew leaves, asparagus, green beans and cauliflower. Avoid nuts (peanuts, green peas, soybeans, tempeh, tauco, bean sprouts, oncom) and soy milk.
- Avoid eating durian, avocado, pineapple, coconut water.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and food.
- In obese people, uric acid is usually up while spending less, then for safety, people are usually advised to lose weight.
- Drink plenty of water, because by drinking lots of water, we can help get rid of purines in the body.