Poor sleeping habits can make it difficult to sleep at night and do not fit in the daytime. Stress, anxiety, caffeine, alcohol, and watching TV in bed is the main cause why people have trouble sleeping. To create a good sleep pattern, do the following:
1. Create a soothing routine activities before bed. Create a relaxed body and mind through prayer, meditation, listening to soft music and such.
2. Drink a glass of warm milk 15 minutes before bed. Milk contains calcium which acts to calm the nerves.
Avoid sports or activities that drain energy in the hours before bedtime. Although exercise can reduce stress, it also increases body temperature which makes it difficult to sleep.
3. Avoid caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate), alcohol and food / beverage sweetened. Survey of the National Sleep Foundation (U.S.) found that 47 percent of people with sleep problems may have consumed caffeinated beverages to reduce sleepiness during the day, but a stimulant that acts cause difficulty sleeping.
Take a warm bath before bed to help the body to relax.
4. Ask your spouse or someone else to massage the body before sleep. Massage the whole body or even just in the back and head very helpful relaxes muscles and calms the mind.
5. Create a quiet, comfortable, and soothing in your bedroom.
6. Keep a regular sleep schedule, even on weekends.
7. Use your bedroom only for sleep, keep TVs, computers, file work elsewhere. Your mind must be established that the bedroom is the room solely for sleeping.
8. If you have severe trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Insomnia can be a symptom of severe physical abnormalities that require medical treatment.