Automotive engineering is a branch of engineering science that studies how to design, create and develop means of land transportation that use machinery, especially motorcycles, cars, buses and trucks. Automotive engineering combine elements of knowledge of mechanics, electricity, electronics, safety and the environment as well as mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and management.
The branches of automotive engineering include:
- Planning (product or design)
- Development (development)
- Production (manufacturing)
- Maintenance (maintenance)
In Indonesia today are highly developed branch is generally about the care and maintenance of cars and motorcycles.
In automotive systems
In automotive engineering, mastering existing systems means of land transportation is a must. The system comprises several major systems and dozens of subsystems. Such systems can be grouped:
- Engine (engine)
- Combustion engine (internal combustion engines).
- The fuel system (fuel system).
- Fuel tank.
- Fuel pump.
- Carburetor or fuel injection system.
- Ignition system (ignition system).
- Air intake system in the engine (intake system).
- Combustion exhaust system (exhaust system).
- Cooling system (cooling system).
- Lubrication system (lubricating system).
- Balance wheel system (spooring balancing)
- Power handling (power train).
- Transmission system (transmission system).
- The series drive (drive train).
- Transfer case (for 4-wheel drive)
- Fueling the end (final drive)
- Wheel (wheel)
- The steering system (steering system).
- The suspension system (suspension system).
- The brake system (brake system).
- The electrical system (electrical system)