Physiology is the study of the processes, functions, and activities of an organism to maintain and manage their lives. By studying the physiology we will obtain a broad overview and insight into the many things that occur in an organism. Hundreds of different chemical reactions occur in every living cell to change and produce materials that are essential for the growth and development of organisms. In physiology also learned about how the environment affects the life of an organism.
Plant physiology is a field of science that examines the important phenomena in plants, including:
Activities conducted by plant life.
Processes and functions related to plant responses to environmental change, and growth and development as a result of the response.
The function of each type of organ, tissue, cells, and cell organelles in plants and the function of each chemical component (ions, molecules or macromolecules.
- Plant is a milestone of most terrestrial ecosystems. Some important things about plants is as follows:
- As living creatures, plants exhibit a number of activities, namely:
- Chemical exchange with the environment, without much loss of chemical constituent body.
- Absorb and use energy.
- Chemicals needed to synthesize and replace material lost to the environment or damaged.
- Some megadakan cell division or merger, otherwise it will die.
2. Some typical properties of plants is different fiisiologi process with other creatures, such as:
- Is being autotrophs in carbon metabolism.
- Unable to move and only reach a narrow area, so just being able to use a small environment.
- Highly dependent on minerals from the soil, so that nutrients do not need many kinds.
3. The whole plant function can be understood on the basis of the principles of physics and chemistry. The methods used in plant physiology is generally derived from the clams and physics. In addition, the plant is also used in anatomy mernpelajari plant physiology. Today, molecular biologists began to revolutionize the study of plants, such as plant experts have discovered several genes that mengontroi flower development and has been studying the functions of these genes.
4. In living organisms, the structure is very closely related to the function. There would be no life without the structure function of genes, enzymes, other molecules, organelles, cells, tissues, and organs. Plants are growing their own structure. Through a process of development which include: cell division, cell enlargement, and cell specialization or differentiation, a plant originated from one single cell became multicellular organisms. Furthermore, the plant continues to grow and develop throughout his life with the embryonic region (meristem).
5. Plants grow and thrive in the environment and interact with the environment in many ways, whiskers: tumlbuhan development is influenced by temperature, light, gravity, wind, and humidity.