Complaints such as vision suddenly blurred or disappear is one of the symptoms of stroke eye. According to Dr. Queen Jelita, SpM, crao symptoms (Central Retinal Artery Occlusion)-obstruction-generally in the center of vision may be blurred or dark sudden painless. While BRAO (Branch Retinal Artery Occulusion)-blockage in the artery branches decreased visual acuity were not detected by the patient or can also occur visual field loss of vision without pain.
Occlusions that occur in retinal arteries could only last a few seconds or minutes, but it may also occur permanently. To ensure the patient's condition is usually the doctor will do some tests to evaluate the retina, including; fluorescence angiography, intraocular pressure checks, see how the pupil reflex, retinal photographs and visual field examination.
So if the individuals experiencing loss of vision or blurred vision suddenly, should immediately consult a doctor. Dr. Beauty cautioned everybody immediately went to the ophthalmologist if there is something wrong with his eyes.
Because the threat posed complications of this disorder is not trivial. "Blockages in the retina of the eye can cause complications such as glaucoma, especially if caused by crao. Another possible complication is the loss of function of the overall vision in both eyes or a partial eye and stroke, if known to have a common factor that causes it.
Eye stroke is certainly a dangerous attack stroke one can cause total blindness or blindness lightly. For the most important preventive measure is to check the eyes in the event of a disruption. Here are some ways you can do to prevent the disruption of the blood vessels, one of which coronary artery disease which may further reduce the risk of retinal artery occlusion, including:
1. Maintain systolic blood pressure below 120 mmHg and diastolic blood pressure below 80 mmHg.
2. Sports such as roads or swimming, at least 30 minutes a day. If it's still hard, doing daily physical activity is enough, for example, do household chores, put up the stairs instead of using the elevator, park your car / motorcycle some distance from the lobby office / other place that a person has the opportunity to walk more.
3. Maintain a healthy weight by eating balanced meals and nutrients, such as:
- Eat fibrous foods, like vegetables and fruits
- Reduce salt, because the use of too much salt can increase blood pressure
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Stop smoking and avoid secondhand smoke