Islam as a universal religion in which all the teachings contained in it will never have the term obsolete or out of (passive), but the opposite of the teachings of Islam will always be able to adjust to segalam progress of time, meaning that his teachings will always be relevant to the changes and developments occurred in modern times. Besides, it's also that this teaching will always be able to provide answers about all forms of problems (problems) of living experienced by humans, it is known that the teachings of Islam are absolute (pure) containing teachings of revelation and reason, which is known as the argument aqli and naqli.
In the teachings of Islam were instructed to develop good communication with his Maker (hablumminallah) and fellow man himself (hablumminannas) establish communication purpose is solely to meet the man himself Kebituhan, where every human being wants happiness of both the world and the hereafter. To obtain it certainly every human being, both individually and group the Islamic personality.
To change one's behavior in the social life requires an effective communication plan and the steps that mature in the teachings of Islam known as propaganda. People doing propaganda can also be categorized planned social change agent, in this regard Salah Abd Rosyad suggested several steps in conducting propaganda namely:
- Estimate and take into account future
- Determine and formulate goals in the achievement of mission objectives
- Set priority actions and propaganda
- Establish appropriate methods
- Assign and schedule the execution time
- Specify the location
- Fees and facilities and other matters as may be necessary. 
So the role of Islam in social change communications community is significant because of its role in running always put the teachings of Islam. Religion can be positioned in three places, namely: first play a role in giving sprit and inspiration for the change to the positive. Both provide norms and limitations in performing social change. The third reward change agents themselves.
Social changes (social chang) occurs when there is people's willingness to leave the elements of the old culture and social system and start switch to using the new social system. Social change is seen as a concept that completely covers the whole life of society, both as individuals, groups, communities, countries, and the world is changing. This is important in social change involves the following aspects, namely public mindset change, behavioral change, cultural change, and so on.
Islamic religion encourages to umuatnya to make changes to the good. And implement these changes is of course the man himself (either individually, or as a member of the public) in the religion of Islam, although there is the so-called pillars of faith that one of them is making up those and Qadr does not mean that people should not change his fate, but God himself has indicated in Ar-Letter Word R'du verse 11 that motivate human beings to perform a change in his life from poor to good, and from good to better. To make a change was certainly needed tenacity and patience because not all of the changes that can be accepted by the people directly, but sometimes there were pros and cons, but sometimes there is also quickly accepted by the community.
- Astrid S.Susanto, Introduction to Sociology and Social Change, TK.Bica Copyright, 1979
- Burhanuddin Bungin, Sociology of Communication Theory, Paradigms and Discourses Communication Technology in Society, New York: Offset fajarinterpratama 2006
- Ministry of Education and Culture, General Dictionary Indonesian, Jakarta: Balai Pustaka, 1995
- Dahana O.P. and Bhatnagar P.P. Education And Communications For Defelopmen, New Delhi: Oxford & IBH Publishing Co., 1980
- Gazalba, Sidi, Islamic Cultural and Social Change,: Studies on Islam Changes in society, Jakarta: Pustaka Al-Husna, 1983
- Nasution, Zulkarimein, Communications Development: Introduction to Theory and Application (revised ed), Jakarta: Logos, 2000
- Abd.Rosyad Salih, Islamic Da'wah Management, (New York: Crescent Star, 1993)