Biography of Lansana Conte

Please Share this article is useful !
  • Full Name: Lansana Conte
  • Place of Birth: Moussayah Loumbaya
  • Date of birth: Friday, November 30, 1934
  • Zodiac: Sagittarius
Lansana Conte
Guinean President Lansana Conte was the second from 3 April 1984 until his death. He was the leader of the Muslim tribes of the Soussou. Many military coup in his country. His position was then held by Moussa Dadis Camara, leader of the National Council for Democracy and development in Guinea.

In 2005, he dismissed the leader of the Government that was announced by Daelin Diallo a decree and aired through television channels nationwide. Minister of State for the Presidency of Fode Bangoura effectively became the leader of the Government. This is done with respect to various actions that occur.

He forbade its citizens to leave the House after curfew in force since 13 February 2007. He also enacted emergency legislation following the violent demonstrations against the Government that lasted for days. Soldiers and police armed patrol in the streets of Conakry, capital of Guinea. The emergency laws allow only residents out of the House for four hours, from 16.00 to 22.00.

He announced on Government radio and TV on February 12, 2007 night reserved military crackdown which is valid until February 23, 2007. It was meant to quell a wave of rioting and looting across the country that accompanies the work in general strike against a Government that had lasted for 23 years. He went and won the third in the presidential election on December 21, 2003 by 95,3 percent of the vote after opposition candidates, all except one person, boycotted the election at that time.

While expressing the belief that Conte would not permit fair elections. In recent years the health of Conté was reduced and her ability to survive until the end of his term in doubt. Up to 19 January 2005, it was reported that his car was fired upon en route to Conakry. But the murder plan failed and only injuring one of his bodyguards. While Conte was declared safe and unhurt seriously.

News of salvation then broadcast via local radio and television. The News says that he survived because God had set the time of his death. He also condemned those who try to derail the country's development of Guinea. On a visit with his family to France in 2005, Prime Minister François Lonseny Fall expressed to resign. He complained of corruption and interference in the Government menerut continued increasing Conte. His successor during the autumn of Cellou Dalein Diallo last only until April 2006. Conte is considered failed to appoint a new Prime Minister until the end of January 2007.

In April 2006, he was flown to Morocco for medical treatment. A lot of people are hoping he won't be back. May 2006, riots broke out in Conakry due to fuel and rice prices are high. This led to many deaths and violent insurgency is increasingly becoming.

In August 2006 he was again flown to Switzerland for treatment again. This time there are no crowds met him on his return to Guinea. Meanwhile Henriette Conte, his first wife, accused of violating the rule of law and taking advantage of the President's physical and mental disabilities. He abused the power of her husband owned.

In August 2006, the local human rights investigators issued a report of 30 cases of condemning human rights violations in Guinea. They highlight the power vacuum resulting from the disease that inflicted on the President and expressed worries about the future.

In an interview with reporters, Guinéenews in October 2006. Lansana Conte said that he would remain President until 2010. It is the end of the seven-year tenure. Conte also said that he was looking for a replacement for who loves the country and would protect them from the attacks of enemies also rebellion.

In November 2006, Transparency International's annual corruption index update. Guinea under the rule of Lansana Conte became the country's most corrupt in the world. The news became a concern for foreign companies who intend to invest in Guinea because they can't operate properly in Guinea.

In January 2007, a nationwide General strike is held. They protested the continued leadership of the country running at Conte. The strike continued for over two weeks, during which hundreds of thousands of demonstrators marched in the streets.

In the first two weeks of savage repression, conducted by red-caps (Presidential Guard) and other security forces resulted in at least dozens of demonstrators were killed. At the end of the attack on 27 January, it was reported that at least 90 demonstrators were killed in clashes with p

Thank you for reading and sharing this article !

Free Articles! Please enter your email.
Print PDF

« Prev Post
Next Post »
Copyright © 2012 My Article - All Rights Reserved